Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Are these good riding boots???

http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Mens-Casc...


These are my new riding boots.I ride western, and it isn%26#039;t like I am doing barrel racing.I am learning more about how to ride.Do you think these are good boots???

Are these good riding boots???
sorry, your link doesn%26#039;t work.





For riding boots, you want something with a hard sole, some tough leather on the top (so if you get stepped on it won%26#039;t be too bad), and something not too wide (so your foot doesn%26#039;t get stuck in the stirrup).





--- thanks for the link!





I see that your other question got a lot of answers telling you that your boots are too wide.


It is true that they are a little wide... if you were riding english with narrower stirrups, they would be too wide. Since you%26#039;re riding western, the stirrups are much wider, so your boots can also be wider.


And while the boots are a little wide, they%26#039;re actually not as bad as some other boots that I have seen. The rubber sole is only a little wider than your foot. if you look at the overhead picture of the boot, you can%26#039;t even see the sole surrounding the leather. Sure they look a little big, but you%26#039;re a guy and guys have big feet. The boots look pretty good... they look nice and sturdy. When they wear out, if you still want to keep riding and doing more advanced stuff, do go buy some cowboy boots... but for now, don%26#039;t listen to all those young girls on the horses category who want you to go spend a lot of money on real cowboy boots.





When I first started riding I got ordinary hiking boots too until I switched to english and was told that I absolutely had to go buy new paddock boots. I think your boots are fine.



microsoft excel

No comments:

Post a Comment